In this post I encourage parents to set an example of the significance of prayer in the corporate gatherings. This is a moment to set all things aside here and listen closely and to pray.
Tips for Church and Family
- Teach this at home.
- Create an expected pattern at home that before meals this family prays.
- Teach your children that at the church house on the Lord’s Day, we will spend some of that time praying together with our church family. Teach them that this is a gathering of families that pray together.
- Instruct them at home to be prepared to stop what they are doing and join together in prayer.
- Prayer time is not the time to gather up all of your belonging to prepare to leave. Little eyes will pick up on this quickly and will check out.
- Prayer time is not the moment to leave the room.
- Prayer time is significant, treat it as such.