– Here is an update on the upcoming Glory to God Alone pastors’ conference, February 26-28,
at First Baptist Church, Provo, UT. –
Dear pastor friend,
I know your days are busy, my inquiring of you to attend a three day conference at the end of February comes with awareness of your busyness. I don’t have a retreat to offer you, I don’t have a conference to lighten your load.
Where it is not my intent to add to your busy schedule I do invite you to a conference with serious purpose.
The worship of God is no small matter for the church of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is of great concern for the church and I want you to gather with me for the Glory to God Alone conference, February 26-28, 2015 at First Baptist Church, Provo, UT. Because of the kindness of the Southern Baptist of Texas, the Utah/Idaho Southern Baptist Convention and others, the conference is presented to you at no cost. Please receive this as a provision from the Lord.
The conference will have two parts, both dealing with aspects of worship.
- Part one is February 26-27 and will address the matter of family worship. It was Richard Baxter, who said, “If we suffer the neglect of this, we undo all.” There is a great need across the land today; it is a need for the glory of God to be paramount in our homes again. Join us as we prepare to rebuild this family alter.
- Part two is February 27-28 and will address the matter of corporate worship. Is what happens on any given Lord’s day gathering of the saints more about what we like than about what God requires of us in corporate worship? If so, we must repent and turn to the divine instruction from God alone, as revealed in Scripture.
I’m happy to announce that through the kindness of Southern Baptists across the Utah/Idaho SBC that we have travel assistance available for pastors traveling more than 100 miles. When you register be sure to indicate if you want travel assistance. It is a limited amount of funding but it is our desire to help.
- $25.00 for anyone requesting travel from 100-250 miles
- $50.00 for anyone requesting travel from 250-400 miles
- $75.00 for anyone requesting travel from 400+ miles
It is through the kindness of the Lord’s people at First Baptist Church, Provo, UT that we are able to offer lodging in host homes during the days of the conference. When you register be sure to indicate your need for lodging and we will match you up with a host home.
- The first 10 to preregister online HERE will receive a free copy of A Theology of the Family.
- Other books will be provided to all attending.