From the Circuit Rider’s Library
Sermon Title: Responsibilities of a Pastor
Sermon Text:Psalm 23
Date: October 28, 1990
Location: Thermopolis, Wyoming
In this message from the Circuit Rider’s Library, the sermon notes contain four simple lines…
Responsibilities of a Pastor – Ps 23
That is it. There is nothing else to the notes. It is my expectation that this was a raw expository sermon taken from Scripture and preached to a church in need of knowing what the responsibilities of a pastor are.
I took the time this morning to re-read the 23rd Psalm… and it is clear that the application from the outline of the Circuit Rider was lifted from the Holy words of God.
- He makes me lie down in green pastures;
- He leads me beside quiet waters
- He guides me in the paths of righteousness
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
- I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
- goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life
- I shall not want
- Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
- You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
- You have anointed my head with oil;
- My cup overflows.
- I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
For the pastor – he is expected to shepherd the LORD’s people. His duty is serious His duty is to *Lead, *Feed, and *Protect. The activity of the Shepherd is the responsibility shown following the pronouns… He leads, he guides, he is present, he doesn’t leave for want, is equipped with tools to defend and warn, prepares the food carefully while the enemy is present, he cleans, he supplies, he dwells and abide with the LORD.