An open invitation to every student preparing to arrive at the College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls, Idaho.
Welcome to Twin Falls, Idaho.
I hope you find this city and the College of Southern Idaho a pleasant place for the unknown number of months/years you’ll be here. But more than that I hope you will find a local community of faithful followers of Christ as defined by the Bible.
My name is Paul Thompson. I’m a pastor at Eastside Baptist Church located at 204 Eastland Drive North in Twin Falls. I shepherd a peculiar people of God. Not weird peculiar, not strange peculiar, not disconnected peculiar, more like refreshing peculiar. You’ll need to come see for yourself.
There are many things that are attempting to capture your attention in these first days on campus. In reality, what you give yourself to early in these formative days of your life is what you will invest in the longest
I invite you to join me this coming Lord’s Day.
When you arrive at Eastside Baptist Church you will discover that there is a Sunday morning bible study class that begins at 9:15 a.m. When you arrive, you will not find a segregated class for every age, you will find several classes made up of people in all stages of life. They will have their bibles with them and they will be reading that bible and examining their lives against this trustworthy standard. Feel free to join right in.
When you arrive at Eastside Baptist Church you will discover that our corporate worship gathering at 10:30 a.m. is filled with people of all ages. No one has an assigned seat so don’t worry about sitting in the wrong place. (I’m confident the front rows will be empty if you are an adventurous kind.) In our worship gatherings we sing, read Scripture, pray, preach, proclaim the Lord’s death (Lord’s Supper), respond to God, and fellowship regularly.
You’ll also hear that we have another opportunity on the Lord’s Day to gather in the evening at 6:30 p.m. This is a unique moment for us. Few churches in our day gather in the evenings anymore. This is a time for further examination against the plumb line of God’s words and to stir one another on to obey Christ in all things. This is of greatest interest to me in regards to my invitation to you. This Lord’s Day evening, August 20, 2017 at 6:30 p.m., I will address several challenges to you concerning this powerful season of your life.
You will also hear word of a regular time each week for corporate prayer. This isn’t a mid-week activity. It is a sweet time of seeking the face of God together in a time of prayer. This may be the most foreign duty of the modern church, but it is expected and commanded in God’s word that we pray together.
Come be the church with us.
This Lord’s Day evening, August 20, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. I will address several challenges to you concerning this powerful season of your life. I hope you will consider joining me this weekend.
- Love God more than you love the college experience. (Matthew 22:37-38)
- Love others. Devote yourself to helping others.
- Saturate yourself in Scripture.
- You need friends who love to listen to Jesus!
- Christ centered community is essential. And I don’t mean a community of peers. I mean a multi-generational community that is lead by biblically qualified shepherds. And I don’t just mean Sunday morning.
- Stop looking for your “soul” mate and be on the lookout for a “sole” mate.
- College is a time that reveals your heart. Your heart wants what it wants. Have you instructed your heart to want God? Guard your heart from craving what is disruptive from obeying God.
- Be done with the “American Dream”, have a heaven driven dream.
- Examine all things with the lamp of Scripture on!
Welcome to Eastside Baptist Church