Last Sunday (10/02), I finished the exposition preaching of the Kings. (full sermon series HERE)
Here are some random (useless) statistics from the sermon series:
- I began preaching through Kings April 26, 2015.
- Total sermons recorded: 51 of 53 (I forgot to hit the record button on two sermons.)
- Total of 2,913 minutes of sermon time.
- Longest sermon was 82 minutes long (I must have lost track of time.)
- Shortest sermon was 37 minutes long (many were very concerned about me, thank you for your concern.)
- Average sermon length was 57 minutes long.
- My personal favorite phrase was “Saddle up the donkey”. (1 Kings 13:13)
The next step of preaching is always of interest as the conclusion comes about. Here is a look at the next several weeks.
- October 9: I will give a overview conclusion to the entirety of the Kings
- October 16: A look back at the times of reformation Eastside has been through over the past several years. A reminder to all and information to others of why we integrate all the ages at our systematic gatherings.
- October 23: Begin a series of messages (maybe three) on the doctrine of The Fear of God
- Mid November: Preaching Through the book of Philippians.
*updated with links