In this post I encourage parents to read ahead in the scripture text at home and teach the children to listen for key words, listen to what songs we sang, ask them later what they heard.
Tips for Church and Family
- Read the text that your church is preaching through at home several times before the coming Lord’s Day. Make this a habit even if the children don’t understand what’s going on.
- Note key words for the children to listen for.
- Teach about those key words.
- Only bring quiet items into the church house
- Follow up with questions after.
- Ask; “What songs did we sing at the church house today?”
- Have an expectation
- Give the children something honorable to imitate